Sports Turf Management
Sports turf management blends business skills, art, and agronomic sciences to provide playable, safe, and aesthetically attractive turf playing fields. Turfgrasses are used in a variety of sporting venues throughout Maryland and the United States because they can be mowed at different heights, withstand traffic, and create a resilient surface.
Sports organizations and institutions are demanding a growing number of qualified individuals with agronomic expertise to manage all types of athletic fields.
IAA Students Receive:
- In-depth courses about turfgrasses, soils, field safety and playability, etc.
- Management education directed toward sports turf management careers.
- Hands-on learning inside and outside the classroom.
- Networking with industry professionals.
- An affordable education supported with scholarships and financial aid.
- An academic community with rich resources.