The IAA’s Distinguished Lecturer Award recognizes an outstanding faculty member at the IAA--someone with a record of extraordinary performance in teaching and creative activity. Successful candidates for this award will bring distinction to the IAA as a result of their teaching, service (which may include advising), and creative activities.
This award carries a prize. The winner of the award, who will hold the title for one year, will be announced in May at the IAA’s annual graduation ceremony.
Only one faculty member can hold the Distinguished Lecturer title in a given year; the same person can win this award more than once
- The nominee must be a current full-time or part-time IAA faculty member. Adjunct faculty are eligible, as well as regular contracted faculty.
- Both self-nominations and nominations of others are acceptable; nominators may remain anonymous if they wish.
- Complete the online nomination form by March 30.
- Attach a narrative nomination letter that highlights the nominee’s distinctive achievements and impact. Feel free to include links to news articles or websites or to attach other evidence of the nominee’s outstanding performance. No nominations will be considered without an accompanying letter.
- Nominations will be evaluated by the IAA’s Awards Committee. The committee may check references or accomplishments of a nominee. The committee may choose not to give this award in any given year.