When it comes to green industries, ornamental horticulture is certainly growing. New technologies augment the breeding and growth of plants, and creative florists and innovative business managers are sought to design and retail unique plants for resorts, parks, greenhouses, botanical gardens, retail garden centers, research facilities, and more.
The state of Maryland is a great place for you to begin a career in ornamental horticulture. Horticulture production remains the second highest income-producing commodity group, with sales exceeding $1.96 billion. Of all plants sold here, 81% are grown on Maryland’s 20,800 acres of production area.
IAA Students Receive:
- In-depth courses about plant propagation, soils, fertilizers, pesticides, etc.
- Management education directed toward green industry careers.
- Hands-on learning inside and outside the classroom.
- Networking with industry professionals.
- An affordable education supported with scholarships and financial aid.
- An academic community with rich resources.