The Institute of Applied Agriculture’s alumni are extraordinary individuals who contribute to their professions, the IAA, and society. To celebrate the accomplishments of our alumni, the IAA recognizes a Distinguished Alumni and an Early Career Alumni at our graduation celebration in May. Nominations are due no later than March 31.
Two Different Awards
Distinguished Alumni Award
The IAA Distinguished Alumni Award recognizes alumni who, over their careers, have accomplished significant achievements of enduring value to their professions and society. Nominees should have attained notable achievements or made an enduring contribution through their professional, philanthropic, or voluntary endeavors.
Early Career Alumni Award
The Early Career Alumni Award honors an IAA graduate who has earned a certificate within the past 7 years and has made significant progress in their career or has shown outstanding service to the ag industry and/or the IAA (for example, through recruiting, engagement, hosting interns, being a guest speaker, philanthropy, etc.).
Call for Nominations
- The nominee cannot be a current, full-time, or part-time IAA faculty or staff member.
- No posthumous nominations will be accepted.
- Both self-nominations and nominations of others are acceptable; nominators may remain anonymous if they wish.
- Nominations are accepted at any time; March 31 is the last date to be considered for the current year. (Later nominations will be considered for the following year.)
- To make a nomination:
- Complete the online nomination form.
- Attach a narrative nomination letter that highlights the nominee’s distinctive achievements and impact. Feel free to include links to news articles or websites. No nominations will be considered without the accompanying letter.
- Nominations will be evaluated by a committee. The committee may check references, including academic records and other accomplishments of a nominee. The committee may choose not to give both of these awards every year.