| Posted: Dec 20 2016
Position Number: 122590
The Agent Associate - 4-H Youth Development is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating a St. Mary’s County program which targets the needs and interests of diverse youth ages 5-18, as well as adult volunteers. The Agent Associate will function as an active member of the St. Mary’s County 4-H team, working under the direction of the Area Extension Director and State 4-H Leader, and providing leadership of the program and support staff. The Agent Associate will be responsible for managing and expanding the 4-H club program, as well as community outreach initiatives which include the following:
St. Mary’s County 4-H Club Management & Programming
- Develop, implement and evaluate 4-H youth development programs using 4-H curriculum and tools.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff in the tri-county cluster and state to offer up-to- date and innovative programs.
- Direct the work of the 4-H Program Assistant.
- Work to strengthen the organized 4-H Club Program by training 4-H club members and officers, as well as promote other trainings.
- Expand the 4-H Club program with recruitment and creation of new clubs.
- Recruit and train adult volunteers and coach existing volunteers on how to start, coach and expand 4-H clubs.
- Support the 4-H military programs at the Patuxent River Naval Air Station.
- Assist with the preparation, implementation, and evaluation of 4-H shows and activities at the St. Mary’s County Fair.
- Communicate timely 4-H club and project information to members and volunteers.
- Serve as the liaison with the St. Mary’s County Fair.
4-H Outreach Programming
- Develop, implement, and evaluate school enrichment opportunities (in-school and before/after-school).
- Develop promotional materials to promote and market 4-H Youth Development programs and activities.
- Develop summer outreach programs, including day camps. Recruit and train adult volunteers and teen leaders to operate and provide educational programs at camps.
- Collaborate with community-based organizations and agencies to benefit youth.
- Participate in 4-H- related professional and organizational development programs, including cluster planning meetings and statewide in-service meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Experience working with diverse youth and volunteers of all socio-economic levels.
- Experience leading or managing a youth development program.
- Evidence of ability to put together curriculums for youth development programming.
- Evidence of excellent teaching, communication, leadership, and management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a productive team member, and foster positive relationships.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to learn the 4-H Online System.
- Personal transportation and valid driver’s license for travel within the county and state, and occasionally nationally.
- Flexible working hours required; must be available for evening and weekend programs and meetings.
- This position includes office work that is mostly sedentary and often requires looking at a computer screen (Word, Excel, etc.) for long periods of time.
- The job does require some lifting and transporting of supplies and equipment (boxes or plastic carts of about 25 lbs.)
- If offered employment by UME, individual will be required, before beginning job assignment, to obtain a background check by the State of Maryland and FBI.
SALARY BENEFITS: Salary will be commensurate with experience. Position is a non-tenure- track, 12-month contract that may be renewed annually, depending on available funding. The University of Maryland offers an extensive benefit package, including tuition remission.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All candidates must apply online at https://ejobs.umd.edu. A complete application packet includes a cover letter, resume or CV, copies of transcripts, and three (3) professional references, including name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
CLOSING DATE: 01/09/17 for best consideration, or until filled.
Position Closing Date: