Sports Turf Managers Association "SAFE" Scholarship
Scholarship URL: http://www.stma.org/scholarship-program-0
In 2000, the Sports Turf Managers Association (STMA) formed the Foundation for Safer Athletic Field Environments (SAFE). An initial endowment of $100,000 by STMA has enabled SAFE to live its mission: To enrich communities through championing safe, sustainable sports and recreation fields for all athletes.
Note: ALL applications must be submitted via email.
Students who are eligible for the SAFE Scholarships:
- Will be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours in a two-year, four-year, or graduate program in a major/field related to sports turf management in the upcoming academic year
- Applicants must have at least one semester of study left
- Previous undergraduate recipients may NOT reapply for SAFE Scholarships while still an undergraduate
- Graduate recipients may resubmit a unique application each year
- Applicants must be planning a career in the sports turf management industry, either in the field or in research
- Applicants must be an STMA member
Criteria for selection:
- SAFE awards scholarships on the basis of merit, not the basis of need, but does not discriminate based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, handicap, or veteran status when awarding scholarships
- Applicants will be evaluated on academic skill, potential within the industry, employment history, extracurricular activities, and the recommendations of faculty advisors and employers
- All applications must be received no later than October 15
All applications and materials must be received by no later than October 15 each year.
All materials must be submitted electronically. This includes letters of support, Faculty Advisor Forms, Employer Reference Forms, and any other documents that you wish to submit with your application. FAXED OR MAILED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.