Montgomery County Farm Bureau, Inc. Scholarship
Montgomery County Farm Bureau, Inc. is a private, non-profit membership organization with a membership of over 3,000 family members. Montgomery County Farm Bureau established this scholarship program to assist Montgomery County students pursuing higher education.
Montgomery County Farm Bureau, Inc. is pleased to offer two (2) $3,000.00, six (6) 2,000.00, and two (2) $1,000.00 scholarships to Montgomery County residents majoring in an agricultural field at a vocational, two-year, or four-year institution. Montgomery County Farm Bureau Member families are also eligible for these scholarships in any field of study.
1. Applicant must be a resident of Montgomery County, Maryland.
2. Applicant must be majoring in an agricultural field OR have family or individual membership in Montgomery County Farm Bureau.
3. Applicant must be enrolled or accepted in an undergraduate or graduate curriculum at a vocational, two-year or four-year institution (student must carry a full-time course load during the semesters the scholarship is granted).
4. Applicant must demonstrate an overall 2.5 GPA.
5. Applicant must receive excellent references from employers, and/or instructors and/or industry contacts.
6. Applicant must provide response to essay prompt of 500 words or less.
7. Applicant must be available to receive the scholarship in person at the Montgomery County Farm Bureau’s Annual Picnic in Montgomery County, Maryland on June 8.
For more information or questions, please contact Ms. Butler at 301.428.0444 or by email at ButlersOrchard@cs.com.