Mid-Atlantic Association of Golf Course Superintendents (MAAGCS)
Scholarship URL: http://www.maagcs.org/Scholarships
MAAGCS typically awards between $500 and $1,500 per scholarship.
Scholarship applications through the mail must be postmarked by November 13. Applications submitted via email are due to Galen Evans no later than November 13. If sending via email, please include a read/received request to assure it has been received in the MAAGCS office. If you should have any questions, please feel free to call the MAAGCS office at 888/MID-TURF, or email Galen Evans.
1. Applicant must:
- show an interest in pursuing a degree or certificate in a turfgrass management program.
- be enrolled in at least one class in the turf management curriculum in that program. Note: Online turf programs are also eligible.
2. In order for the applicant to be considered for the scholarship, he/she must completely fill out the application form.
3. Applicant must secure recommendations from a superintendent that he/she has worked under OR a college advisor from his/her particular college.
4. Past recipients of the MAAGCS Scholarship Fund may reapply.
5. All applications must be completed, submitted, and emailed or postmarked no later than November 13.
1. Applicant must meet all criteria and satisfy all requirements as described in the application.
2. Applicant must submit the following items to the Scholarship Committee no later than November 13.
- Transcripts from all institutions attended in the last five years (after high school).
- Applicant's statement and questionnaire
3. It is the applicant’s responsibility for the timely submittal of at least ONE of the following two additional reports to be filled out. These forms must be delivered to the appropriate Superintendent or Advisor with a request that the forms be completed and returned to the Mid-Atlantic Association of Golf-Course Superintendents Scholarship Committee no later than November 13.
- Golf course superintendent's report OR College advisors recommendation
4. Finalists may be invited to a personal interview before the MAAGCS Education Committee.
5. Scholarship recipients will be asked to attend the MAAGCS Annual Meeting.