Horticultural Research Institute (HRI) Scholarships
Scholarship URL: http://hriresearch.org/index.cfm?page=Content&categoryID=168
Horticultural Research Institute (HRI) scholarships are made possible by seven special HRI endowment funds that aid students who are seeking a lifelong career in horticulture. HRI and its member firms consider graduating students in horticulture to be the lifeblood of the green industry.
HRI is pleased to offer the following scholarships:
· The Timothy S. and Palmer W. Bigelow Jr. Scholarship (one, $3000 scholarship available)
· The Usrey Family Scholarship (one, $1000 scholarship available)
· The Bryan A. Champion Memorial Scholarship (one, $1,000 available)
· The Susie & Bruce Usrey Scholarship (one, $500 available)
· The Spring Meadow Scholarship (three, $3000 scholarships available)
· The “Muggets” Scholarship (one, $1500 scholarship available)
· The Carville M. Akehurst Memorial Scholarship (two, $2000 scholarships available)
Click here to view a quick-guide to scholarships and their respective criteria, and to read detailed descriptions of each scholarship fund.
Applications must be completed using the HRI online application form
- Personal info and school info. Have addresses, phone numbers, and student identification numbers ready.
- A cover letter. You'll be asked to copy and paste it into our form. This is your “statement of purpose” and allows you to introduce yourself, your interest in horticulture, and your future career goals to the scholarship review panel. This is your opportunity to share what makes you special, how horticulture inspires you, and why you should be awarded an HRI scholarship.
- A resume. You'll be asked to copy and paste it into our form.
- A transcript. You'll be asked to upload a Word or PDF document of your transcript (showing grades). You can supply either a student copy or an official version.
- Two letters of recommendation. This is the only part of your application that you'll supply “offline.”