Daughters of American Ag for Further Education
Scholarship URL: http://americanagriwomen.org/scholarships/
Daughters of American Agriculture Scholarship was created to honor the memory of those courageous and adventuresome pioneer women who played such an important role in the founding of this nation and encourage the present generation to continue their education in agricultural pursuits.
- Jean Ibendahl Scholarship (for ages 18-23)
- Sister Thomas More Bertels Scholarship (for ages 24+)
These two scholarships are available to any farm, ranch or agribusiness woman or her daughter to pursue accredited courses in agriculture leadership, communications, rural sociology, medicine, or any other courses directly related to agriculture.
- Scholarship money will be used for tuition.
- Scholarship awards will be granted only once per individual.
- Must be a farmer, rancher or be the wife, daughter or other close relative of a farmer, rancher or other person employed in agriculture.
- There must be an economic or financial need.
- Knowledge of or work experience in agriculture.
- Grade Point Average or placement tests are considered. Scholarship funds may be used for tuition for recognized courses in agriculture leadership, technology, communications, education, rural sociology, medicine or other courses directly related to agriculture and the needs in agricultural communities.
- Three letters of reference need to be provided with the application.
- Applicants must agree to give personal and family financial information, which will be kept confidential, and sign the creed which appears in this brochure.
- Please type and mail to Ardath DeWall, 11841 Mt. Vernon Rd , Shannon, IL 61078
- Complete typed applications must be postmarked no later than June 1st of the current year. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Results will be posted on the AAW website no later than August 1 of the current year. Only recipients will be notified personally.
- If selected, please submit how this scholarship has benefitted you to firstname.lastname@example.org