Academic Excellence in Agriculture Scholarship
Scholarship URL: http://www.ncga.com/topics/education/college-scholarships
Sponsored by BASF Corporation, the National Corn Growers Association (NCGA) William C. Berg Academic Excellence in Agriculture Scholarship Program annually awards five (5) $1,000 one-year scholarships to qualified second-year undergraduate students (or later) or graduate students enrolled in an agriculture, agribusiness, or ag vocation program at a 2-year or 4-year program of study at an accredited junior college, college or university.
- Applicant must be entering at least his/her second undergraduate year at an accredited junior college, college or university.
- Applicant must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in an agricultural, agribusiness, or an Ag vocation field.
- Applicant must be an NCGA member or son/daughter of an NCGA member.
- Employees and the families of employees of NCGA or any division of BASF or their subsidiaries are noteligible for the scholarship.
- Applications must be postmarked by December 11.
Your Application Packet MUST Include
- Completed application
- Current transcript from junior college, college or university
- Proof you are seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree in an agricultural, agribusiness, or an Ag vocation field (transcript may suffice, consult your registrar or department office for more information)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (at least two must be from non-family members, and one should be from a faculty member)
- Current resume or list of activities, awards and honors
- 500-word essay on “Why I am pursuing an agriculture-related career”
- A few paragraphs on “What are the three most important issues facing agriculture today?”
Click here for details and to apply.