Graduates of the Institute of Applied Agriculture (IAA) earn a Certificate of Applied Agriculture from the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources (AGNR) at the University of Maryland, College Park. This is a two-year undergraduate certificate.
Tuition and fees: $19,992
Books and supplies: $2,260
On-campus room & board: $21,944
What other costs are there for this program?
The University estimates $4,980 in expenses, which include allowances for personal and miscellaneous costs. These expenses vary greatly based on lifestyle and the allowance is based on the costs according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor and Statistics.
For further program cost information click here.
*The amounts shown above include costs for the entire program, assuming normal time to completion. Note that this information is subject to change.
What financing options are available to help me pay for this program?
Financing for this program may be available through grants, scholarships, loans (federal and private) and institutional financing plans. Visit our scholarships page to learn more and apply.
How long will it take me to complete this program?
The program is designed to take 2 years to complete. Of those that completed the program in 2013-2014, *% finished in 2 years.
*Fewer than 10 students completed this program in 2013-14. The number who finished within the normal time has been withheld to preserve the confidentiality of the students.
What are my chances of getting a job when I graduate?
The job placement rate for students who completed this program is *%.
*This institution is not currently required to calculate a job placement rate for program completers.
Jobs related to IAA areas of study
Click on the links below for more information on jobs related to this program:
- Landscaping and Groundskeeping Workers
- Nursery and Greenhouse Managers
- Farm and Ranch Managers
- Buyers and Purchasing Agents, Farm Products
- Computer User Support Specialists
- Soil and Water Conservationists
- Range Managers
- Agricultural Technicians
- Farm and Home Management Advisors
- First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers
- Pesticide Handlers, Sprayers, and Applicators, Vegetation
- Animal Trainers
- Nonfarm Animal Caretakers
- First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Agricultural Crop and Horticultural Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Animal Husbandry and Animal Care Workers
- Agricultural Inspectors
- Animal Breeders
- Graders and Sorters, Agricultural Products
- Agricultural Equipment Operators
- Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Farm Equipment Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanics, Except Engines