The challenges of meeting future food, fiber, and fuel needs—while protecting natural resources, managing profitable businesses, and supporting our communities—are upon us. While combining hands-on production skills with expertise in business management, you can build a career in agriculture that fosters environmental, economic, and social sustainability. Career options include crop and livestock production, supply chain management, education, advocacy, and more.
The business skills emphasized in our program are an important part of success in any career area, particularly in effective agricultural enterprises. Apply today!
IAA Students Receive:
• In-depth courses about crops, livestock, soils, fertilizers, etc.
• Management education directed toward sustainable agricultural careers.
• Hands-on learning inside and outside the classroom.
• Networking with industry professionals.
• An affordable education supported with scholarships and financial aid.
• An academic community with rich resources.
Curriculum Guide for Sustainable Agriculture:
Sustainable Agriculture Internships:
- Bob Borkowski - The Farmer's Market at Maryland
- Emmett Brew - USDA Dairy Cattle Research Facility
- Lindsay Barranco - Maryland Department of Agriculture’s Apiary Inspection Office